Monday 21 December 2015

ios operating system

ios operating system
What is iOS?
“iOS (originally iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. and distributed exclusively for Apple hardware.”
·         The iOS is derived from MAC (OSX)
When it was developed?
Originally unveiled in 2007, for the iPhone, it has been extended to support other Apple devices such as the iPod Touch,iPad ,iPad Mini and second-generation Apple TV.
Android’s interface:
The iOS user interface is based on the concept of direct manipulation, using multi-touch gestures. Interface control elements consist of sliders, switches, and buttons. Interaction with the OS includes gestures such as swipe, tap, pinch, and reverse pinch, all of which have specific definitions within the context of the iOS operating system and its multi-touch interface.
Devices supporting Android:
·         I PHONE
·         I POD TOUCH (1ST GENERATION)
·         I PHONE 3G
·         I POD TOUCH (2ND GENERATION)
·         I PHONE 3GS
·         I POD TOUCH (3RD GENERATION)
·         I PAD
·         I PHONE 4
·         I P0D TOUCH (4TH GENERATION)
·         I PAD 2
·         I PHONE 4S
·         NEW I PAD
·         I POD TOUCH (5TH GENERATION)
·         I PAD MINI
·         I PHONE 5
·         I PAD
·         I PHONE 5C
·         I PHONE 5S
·         I PAD AIR
·         I PAD MINI 2
·         I PHONE 6
·         I PHONE 6 PLUS
·         I PAD AIR 2
·         I PAD MINI 3

Advantages of iOS
·         Performance is awesome
·         Generates less heat when compared to Android
·         Best gaming experience
·         Vast number of applications
·         Suits for business and gaming
·         Latest version has two notification menus
·         Excellent security
·         Multitasking
·         Feel is awesome
·         Excellent for media entertainment
·         Multilanguage support
·         Quick settings in notification bar
·         As light as feather
·         Fits in the hand
·         Metal and shiny coating is ultimate for Apple devices
·         Many cases and covers makes it waterproof
·         Sapphire glass which is hard
·         Finger print scanning gives tough security
·         Excellent camera quality even though mega pixels are less
·         Developers can design apps because less number of models

Disadvantages of iOS
·         Not flexible only supports iOS devices
·         Not open source
·         The main disadvantages of using iOS is costly Apps and no widget support
·         Apple restricted the connectivity with itunes, 
·         Devices are very pricey
·         Applications are very large when compared to other mobile platforms
·         Supports only single SIM
·         Very addictive, once if you used iDevices you can’t switch back to another
·         Battery performance is very poor on 3G,4G
·         Repair empties your wallet




No comments:

Post a Comment